Saint Paul Car Accident Lawyers

Injuries from automotive accidents can result in life long pain, suffering, physical and mental trauma and more. The Saint Paul car accident attorneys at TSR Injury Law have represented numerous car accident victims, helping them recover fair compensation for their damages. Some of our recoveries include $475,000 for a client who was rear-ended by an SUV and $350,000 for an accident victim who was paralyzed.

TSR Injury Law co-founder and managing partner Steven Terry is a member of The National Trial Lawyers Association – Top 100 and has been included in Super Lawyers each year since 2014.

We offer Minnesota car accident victims a free consultation where they can talk about the accident and learn if they may be able to seek compensation. The consultation is confidential, and you are under no obligation to hire our firm. There are no legal fees unless we recover compensation on your behalf.

Set up a free consultation by calling (612) TSR-TIME. We can be reached anytime, day or night.

Do I Have a Valid Car Accident Case?

If your accident was caused by another driver’s negligence, you may be eligible to pursue compensation for your damages. However, proving negligence can be complicated. There are four elements:

  • Duty of care was owed – The other driver must have owed you a legal duty to act as a reasonable person would in a similar situation. For example, reasonable drivers avoid tailgating other vehicles because it can increase the risk of a rear-end accident.
  • Breach of duty of care occurred – Your St. Paul car accident lawyer must show evidence of a duty of care being breached by the other driver. There are many examples of negligent behavior, from drunk driving and speeding to texting and driving and driving while drowsy.
  • Causation – This refers to the connection between the breach of the duty of care and the victim’s injuries. Our attorneys must directly link these two things. This may involve disproving claims from the other side about why the accident happened.
  • Existence of damages – The accident must have caused some sort of physical or financial harm to the victim. For example, accident victims are often unable to work while they are recovering, resulting in lost wages. They also have medical expenses for their treatment.

Our qualified lawyers have many years of experience building negligence cases against other drivers. If you have questions about whether you may have a case, give us a call.

How Much Time Do I Have to File a Case?

Car accident cases are usually resolved through an insurance company settlement. Insurance companies have deadlines for filing claims and if victims miss the deadline, they may lose the chance to pursue insurance compensation. That is why it is important to contact an attorney as soon as possible, so he or she can get started on your claim.

There is a separate deadline for filing a car accident lawsuit – generally two years from the date of the accident. There are exceptions to this deadline in certain situations. For example, Minnesota’s discovery rule says victims have two years from the date they discover an injury to file a claim.

However, Minnesota has strict requirements on when car accident victims can file a lawsuit. Unless you have a minimum of $4,000 in medical bills or had a disability, permanent injury or permanent disfigurement for at least 60 days, you cannot file a lawsuit over damages from a car accident.

The deadline for taking legal action is a complex issue that should be discussed with a licensed attorney.

Schedule a free consultation with a Saint Paul auto accident attorney. (612) TSR-TIME

What is a Saint Paul Car Accident Claim Worth?

The value of a claim depends on the specific damages suffered and how long they may affect the victim. Damages from a car accident can generally be divided into two types: economic and non-economic damages.

Out-of-pocket costs can be referred to as economic damages. Some of the out-of-pocket costs after an injury can include medical expenses, lost wages from missing work, loss of earning capacity, future lost wages and property damage.

Medical expenses refer to the current and future costs of treating your accident injuries. For example, the cost of surgical procedures, medical tests, rehabilitation, stays at the hospital, and prescription medications.

Non-economic damages are the physical and emotional aspects of an injury. For example, victims may suffer mental distress, lost companionship, lost enjoyment of life and physical pain.

Our experienced attorneys are here to answer your post-accident legal questions.

What if I Was Partially to Blame for the Accident?

You may still be able to recover compensation for an accident where you were partially at fault. However, it will depend on your percentage of fault.

Minnesota’s comparative fault law says accident victims who are at least 51 percent at fault for an accident cannot recover compensation. Anyone with less than 51 percent fault will see their compensation award reduced by their percentage of fault. This means an award of $20,000 would be reduced to $18,000 if the victim was 10 percent at fault.

If you think you were partially at fault, but another driver bears most of the blame, call TSR Injury Law for a free consultation.

Car Insurance Coverage for Accident Damages in MN

Minnesota is one of a handful of states that uses a no-fault system to assign financial liability for a car accident. If you are injured in an accident, the first place you should turn for compensation is your own insurance policy.

You are required to have personal injury protection (PIP) coverage to pay for out-of-pocket expenses from a car accident, no matter who was at fault. PIP provides compensation for:

  • Medical expenses for your medical treatment
  • Cost to hiring a housekeeper to perform household chores you cannot do because of your injury
  • Lost wages from missing work
  • Funeral bills if the policyholder was killed in the crash (these policies provide a maximum of $2,000)

Drivers in Minnesota must buy a minimum of $40,000 in PIP coverage for each person injured in an accident. Half of this coverage is for medical bills and the other half is for lost wages and replacement services.

Our Saint Paul car accident lawyers may also be able to pursue compensation from the at-fault driver’s insurance policy. At minimum, the other driver is required to have $30,000 per person in liability coverage, $60,000 per accident and $10,000 to cover property damage.

If you have a case and hire our attorneys, we are prepared to pursue the full value of your damages. We have many years of combined experience reviewing insurance policies to determine coverage that may apply to an accident victim’s damages.

TSR Injury Law offers a free consultation. Call today to discuss your accident. (612) TSR-TIME

Claims Against Uninsured Drivers

The driver who hit you might not have insurance coverage or he or she might not have enough to cover the full value of your damages.

That is one of the reasons why it can be so important to have trusted legal representation after an accident. Our St. Paul auto accident lawyers may be able to pursue compensation from your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage. These claims can be complex, but our attorneys know how to determine when this option may be available.

If the other driver in your accident does not have insurance, call us to discuss the situation.

Benefits of Hiring an Experienced Saint Paul, MN Attorney

The damages from a car accident could last a long time, even the rest of your life. Recovering compensation is an important step in the recovery process. Without fair compensation it can be very difficult to obtain the medical treatment you need and pay your bills while you are out of work.

TSR Injury Law is an experienced law firm that has recovered $300 million in compensation. If you have a case and hire us to represent you, we are prepared to take the necessary steps to build a robust case. This may include:

  • Talking to crash witnesses
  • Visiting the scene to take pictures and gather evidence
  • Contacting the local police to obtain your crash report
  • Reviewing medical records and consulting a medical expert if necessary
  • Using technology to reconstruct the scene
  • Negotiating with the insurance company
  • Preparing your case for trial if necessary

We are here to answer your questions about the legal process and explain how we may be able to assist you throughout the legal process. We are ready to handle the legal process on your behalf so you can focus on medical treatment.

You can complete a Free Case Evaluation form or call us at (612) TSR-TIME.

Dealing with Insurance Company Calls

Generally, insurance companies like to quickly become involved in the proceedings after a car accident. They are looking for any way to quickly resolve claims so they can avoid paying out fair compensation. They are looking out for their bottom line, not the best interests of accident victims.

If an insurance company calls you, be careful what you say. If you provide too much information, you could inadvertently hurt the value of your claim. It is generally best to avoid specifics and stick to main information about the crash, such as when and where it happened.

The insurance company representative you talk to will probably ask you about your injuries, but you are under no obligation to provide an answer. You can simply say you have sought medical treatment. The insurance company can review the doctor’s report about your injuries to find the information it needs to process your accident claim.

Insurance companies ask about injuries in hopes the victim will minimize their severity or say something like, “I will be OK.” This is the kind of information insurance companies need to attempt to deny or devalue a claim.

You do not have to provide a recorded statement, no matter what they may tell you. The insurance company is not on your side, so if they say they just want to resolve things quickly, it is only for their benefit and not yours.

Our St. Paul auto accident attorneys know how to guard a claim from insurance companies. If you hire us, we are ready to handle the insurance company on your behalf to protect your claim.

Common Causes of Car Wrecks

No matter the cause of your accident, if driver negligence was involved, you may be able to pursue compensation. Some examples of negligent behaviors that could lead to car accidents include:

  • Speeding
  • Driving while drowsy
  • Texting and driving
  • Following too closely
  • Disobeying the right of way, particularly when making left turns

These and other negligent driving practices can result in many serious accidents, such as head-on collisions, rear-end accidents, rollovers and side-impact crashes.

Contact a Saint Paul Car Accident Lawyer for a Free Consultation

Car accidents can cause long-term damages for victims, financially, physically and emotionally. Our experienced legal team has helped many accident victims, so we understand what victims go through.

For more than 20 years, our firm has been recovering fair compensation for car accident victims in Minnesota. We are prepared to negotiate with insurance companies who are committed to paying out no compensation or the smallest amount possible.

Your consultation with a licensed attorney is free of charge. If you hire us, we do not charge legal fees unless you receive compensation. No recovery, no fee.

We are ready to take your call today: (612) TSR-TIME. We are here to help during this difficult time.

Minneapolis Car Accident Lawyer

Victims of car accidents can suffer severe injuries that may never fully heal, while expenses from medical procedures and therapy can create a significant burden for victims and their families. At TSR Injury Law, our Minneapolis car accident lawyers have experience successfully handling auto accident cases including a $600,000 settlement for a man who suffered a traumatic brain injury in a rear-end accident and a $350,000 recovery for a passenger that was paralyzed in a collision.

If you have been injured in a collision that was caused by another motorist, contact us today for a free consultation to discuss your claim with a licensed attorney. We are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week and there are no upfront fees or costs if we take on your case.

Call (612) TSR-TIME or locally at (612) 877-8463 for your free consultation.

Can I File a Claim?

The financial costs associated with auto accidents are often settled via insurance claims. In Minnesota, car accident victims can file a claim against the personal injury protection in their own car insurance policies, no matter who was at fault for the accident.

However, pursuing an insurance claim on your own can be overwhelming and time consuming for many accident victims. Insurance companies are working against the best interests of plaintiffs and will often attempt to settle a claim by offering a settlement amount that may be significantly lower compared to what may be awarded from a lawsuit.

Accident victims cannot file lawsuits to recover compensation unless their accident resulted in one of the following:

  • $4,000 in medical bills
  • Disability, permanent injury or permanent disfigurement lasting at least 60 days

In a lawsuit, the accident victim and his or her attorney has the responsibility of proving the accident was the result of another driver’s negligence. There are four elements of negligence that must be proven when pursuing car accident compensation:

  • Existence of a duty of care – Our attorneys need to establish the at-fault driver had a responsibility under the law to take reasonable steps to prevent you from getting hurt.
  • Breach of duty of care – The at-fault party did not uphold the required duty of care.
  • Link between breach and your injury – This means the injury would not have happened unless the breach of duty of care occurred.
  • Existence of damages – You need to show your injuries created damages, such as medical expenses and emotional damages.

Minnesota’s comparative fault law allows injury victims to pursue a lawsuit against anyone who is less at fault than they were. You cannot pursue compensation from someone who is less at fault than you. The law also says any compensation victims receive will be reduced according to their percentage of fault.

However, as each car accident is unique, we recommend contacting our Minneapolis car accident lawyers to discuss your specific collision and determine if you have a valid case.

Need some help? Call us today at (612) TSR-TIME.

What is the Value of My Case?

The value of a car accident case depends on many factors, including:

  • The damages suffered
  • The severity of the injuries
  • How long they may affect the victim

Often, the more severe an accident victim’s injuries are, the more his or her claim is worth.

There are a variety of damages that may be involved in car a accident claim, and they can be divided into economic and non-economic damages.

Economic Damages

These are the damages that have a specific value attached to them, such as medical bills for things like:

  • Surgery
  • Prescription medicine
  • Medical testing
  • Medical equipment, like wheelchairs or crutches
  • Appointments with doctors
  • Physical therapy
  • Mileage during your treatment

Other types of economic damages may include:

  • Lost wages from missed time at work
  • Loss of earning capacity
  • Property damage, such as damage to your vehicle in the crash

Non-Economic Damages

These are also called general damages, and they are the physical and emotional effects of your injuries. Non-economic damages might include:

  • Physical pain or discomfort
  • Emotional issues (stress, anxiety, depression, post-traumatic stress, etc.)
  • Disfigurement
  • Humiliation
  • Loss of companionship

Unlike some other states, Minnesota does not place any caps on personal injury compensation. If you have a case and we represent you, we are prepared to pursue the full value of your damages.

We are here to discuss the value of your claim in a free, confidential legal consultation. After discussing your accident with us, we will be able to advise you of legal options that may be open to you.

What if the Other Driver Does Not Have Insurance?

If the other driver does not have insurance, or does not have enough to cover your damages, you may be able to pursue compensation from the uninsured or underinsured motorist coverage in your own insurance policy.

However, these kinds of claims can be complicated as there are certain requirements that must be met. Our licensed Minneapolis car accident attorneys can explain these requirements during a free consultation.

Have Questions? Call (612) TSR-TIME.

Can an Auto Accident Attorney Help Me?

There are many benefits to having our attorneys represent your car accident injury claim. Primarily, cases that are handled by an accident attorney result in higher compensation recoveries compared to those where the plaintiff does not have legal representation.

Our lawyers also have extensive knowledge of state laws that affect car accident claims, including Minnesota’s no-fault car insurance system. In this state, accident victims can pursue compensation from the personal injury protection (PIP) coverage in their own insurance policy, no matter who is at fault for the accident.

PIP applies to the following kinds of damages from a car accident:

  • Medical expenses
  • Lost wages
  • Replacement services (this could include the cost to hire a housekeeper because the victim cannot do chores around the house)
  • Up to $2,000 in funeral expenses if the victim died in the crash

Minnesota requires all drivers to purchase a minimum amount of PIP coverage: $40,000 per person, per accident, which includes $20,000 for medical bills and another $20,000 for lost wages and replacement services.

If you have a case, our Minneapolis car accident attorneys may also be able to pursue compensation from the other driver’s liability coverage, if your damages are worth more than your PIP coverage. Minnesota requires drivers to carry a minimum amount of liability coverage for other drivers’ damages when an accident is your fault, including:

  • $30,000 for injuries to one individual
  • $60,000 total for injuries to two or more people
  • $10,000 to cover damage to the other driver’s vehicle

If you are unsure of you have a case, we welcome an opportunity to help find answers to any questions you may have regarding a potential lawsuit.

TSR Injury Law – Ph: (612) TSR-TIME.

Is There a Deadline for Filing a Case?

Generally, there is a two-year statute of limitations for Minnesota personal injury cases, including car accident claims (Minnesota Statutes 541.07). If you attempt to file a claim after two years pass, it may not be accepted.

It is important to note there are some exceptions to this two-year deadline. For example, if you are filing a wrongful death claim on behalf of a loved one who died in a car accident, the statute of limitations is three years from the date of death.

If the at-fault driver leaves the state before a claim can be filed, the time he or she is out of state will not be counted against the statute of limitations (Minnesota Statutes 541.13). This means you might have longer than two years from the date of the accident to pursue a claim.

There are also exceptions when claims need to be started much sooner. For example, if you were injured in a car accident with a government vehicle, you must provide notice of your claim within 180 days of the accident.

Since each case is unique, we recommend contacting our licensed attorneys so we can determine if your claim falls under an exception to the statute of limitations.

If you have legal questions, call us today. (612) TSR-TIME.

What Do I Do If an Insurance Company Calls Me?

After an accident, car insurance companies like to contact victims in an effort to settle the claim for the lowest possible financial amount.

It’s important to note that the insurance company may use any information &/or statements that you provide to discredit your claim. If you are unable to prove that they are incorrect, the amount of compensation that may be available may be significantly reduced.

Having a qualified attorney to deal with the insurance companies on your behalf can help to ensure that your interests are protected. If the insurance provider asks for a recorded statement, you are not legally required to provide one. Our knowledgeable Minneapolis auto accident lawyers can advise you on when to provide a recorded statement and what to include in it to protect your claim.

Are There Things I Can Do to Strengthen My Claim?

Our trusted legal team is here to handle all aspects of your injury claim, if you have a case and choose to be represented by our firm. However, if you are able, there are some things you can do help protect your potential claim.

Get Out of Harm’s Way

If your injuries permit and it is safe to do so, move your car away from traffic and onto the shoulder or side of the road. This can lower the risk of another collision with a passing vehicle. Turn on your hazard lights to warn passing cars.

If you are seriously injured, it is better to just stay put until first responders arrive at the scene.

Call the Police Right Away

Report the accident to the police by calling 9-1-1. Once the police arrive at the scene, they can assess the scene and file a report that may be a very important piece of evidence in your injury claim.

While it is a good idea to report the accident, in some situations it is against the law not to do so. Under state law, every driver involved in a crash that causes injury, death or $1,000 or more in property damage must file a crash report with the Minnesota Department of Public Safety within 10 days of the accident. If you are required to file a report and you do not, you could have your license suspended.

Take Pictures

If you are physically able to do so, try to take pictures of the scene. This includes pictures of the vehicles involved, debris, damage to the road, skid marks, and anything else you think may be relevant.

Take pictures of any of your visible injuries as well. This may help link your injuries to the accident.

Talk to Witnesses

If there are any witnesses, ask them what happened. You can either write down what they say or ask their permission to record their comments. Make sure to ask them for contact information so your attorney can contact them in the future.

Get Medical Treatment

It is recommended that you always seek medical treatment after a car accident. You may have injuries you are not aware of.

It is also important to have medical documentation of the injuries you suffered in the accident. Linking your injuries to the accident is an important part of the legal process. Make sure you tell the doctor how you were injured and describe any symptoms you are experiencing.

Hire a Qualified Attorney

The Minneapolis car accident lawyers at TSR Injury Law have a history of obtaining fair compensation for victims of car accidents caused by negligence. We have in-depth knowledge of laws affecting these claims, how to negotiate with insurance companies, and how to determine a fair value for a victim’s damages.

We are available 24/7 by phone (612) TSR-TIME or by completing a Free Case Evaluation form.

Why Car Accidents Happen

Many car accidents are the result of driver negligence. There are many different examples of negligent behavior that can lead to accidents that cause injuries, including:

  • Texting while driving
  • Speeding
  • Following other vehicles too closely
  • Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
  • Driving while drowsy
  • Disobeying right-of-way laws
  • Driving the wrong way
  • Running a red light
  • Failing to stop at a stop sign

These and other forms of negligence can lead to dangerous accidents, such as:

  • Rollovers
  • Rear-end accidents
  • Left-turn collisions
  • Head-on collisions
  • T-bone crashes
  • Sideswipes
  • Accidents in parking lots

Feel free to contact us today to discuss the specifics of your accident and possible legal options.

Types of Auto Accident Injuries

Injuries from car accidents can affect victims for a long time, maybe even the rest of their lives. Some of the injuries we often see from these accidents include:

  • Broken bones
  • Back injuries
  • Spinal cord injuries, such as paralysis
  • Burns
  • Lacerations
  • Brain injuries
  • Whiplash
  • Internal organ damage

Another injury that accident victims may face is a trimalleolar fracture. Trimalleolar fractures frequently happen in a motor vehicle accident when the driver or passenger braces for impact. They occur in slip and fall accidents, too. A trimalleolar fracture involves three bone surfaces:

  • Lateral malleolus (end of the fibula)
  • Medial malleolus (end of medial tibia)
  • Posterior malleolus (distal tibia)

A trimalleolar fracture can have further complications, including:

  • Bone infection
  • Nerve damage
  • Blood vessel damage
  • Arthritis

Treatment for this type of broken ankle may include surgery. Frequently screws and pins will have to be used to align and stabilize the ankle. After surgery, you can expect to wear a non-weight bearing cast for 6-8 weeks. The recovery process can be long and difficult, leaving the ankle prone to pain, stiffness, and arthritis.

After suffering an injury in a car crash, it is important to review the situation with a licensed attorney to determine if you may be eligible to pursue compensation. We have recovered fair compensation for numerous car accident victims and multiple attorneys at our firm have been voted in the top five percent of attorneys in the state by Super Lawyers.

Contact a Minneapolis Car Accident Lawyer

It can be very difficult to recover compensation without the help of a qualified attorney. The team at TSR Injury Law have decades of combined experience dealing with car insurance companies and obtaining fair compensation for our clients.

If we determine you have a case and you choose to move forward with our firm, we can handle the entire legal process on your behalf.

An initial consultation with our firm is free and there is no obligation to take legal action. There are no upfront attorney’s fees or costs and we do not get paid unless we are able to obtain compensation for you.

Our office is located at 7760 France Ave South Suite 820 in Minneapolis, just a 20-minute drive from the Hennepin County Courthouse. If your injury prevents you from being able to come to us, we can come to you.

Call us today at (612) TSR-TIME, locally at (612) 877-8463 or complete an online case evaluation form.

Bloomington Car Accident Lawyer

Car accidents can leave victims with serious physical and emotional injuries which often require costly medical treatment and long recovery times. Talking to an experienced Bloomington car accident lawyer can be an important part of the post-accident recovery process.

At TSR Injury Law, our car accident attorneys have many years of experience handling auto accident lawsuits and a proven record of success including a $3,750,000 recovery for a recreational vehicle crash that caused our client to suffer a below-the-knee amputation and a $600,000 recovery on behalf of a passenger that was injured in a collision on Highway 55. Multiple partners at our firm have been recognized by Super Lawyers – a national rating service for lawyers in the United States and we are ready to help you today.

Contact our team for a free consultation and an opportunity to discuss your potential legal options with a licensed auto accident attorney. We offer our services on a contingency fee basis, so there are no legal fees. We only get paid if we obtain compensation on your behalf.

Set up your free consultation by calling (612) TSR-TIME. Contact us 24/7.

Am I Eligible to File a Case?

The insurance claims process in Minnesota is complicated, and insurance companies work hard in an effort to find reasons to deny a claim or reduce the value of the damages being claimed. Having the guidance of a licensed Bloomington car accident attorney can be of great benefit after being injured in a collision. We can help to answer the questions from the insurance company and work on your behalf to protect your best interests. At TSR Injury Law, we have many years of experience handling cases against insurance companies and know how to build a strong argument for your auto accident case.

When Can I File a Car Accident Lawsuit?

Minnesota has strict limitations on when car accident victims can file personal injury lawsuits to pursue insurance compensation outside of an insurance claim. The law says your accident must have resulted in one of the following things:

  • Medical bills of at least $4,000
  • Minimum of 60 days of disability, permanent injury or permanent disfigurement

If you are able to file a lawsuit, you must establish that the other driver was negligent, and therefore responsible for your damages. In order to establish if you have a valid case, a Bloomington car accident lawyer will need to determine that the four principles of negligence exist in your situation. These principles include the following:

Duty of Care

Your Bloomington car accident lawyer must determine if the at-fault party owed you a duty of care. A duty of care is a legal responsibility to act in a reasonable manner to prevent harm to you and others. For example, drivers must obey speed limits, as failure to do so could result in a collision.

Breach of Duty of Care

If a duty of care was owed and the negligent party acted or failed to act in a way that a reasonably prudent person would have, the duty of care was breached. For example, if a driver causes an accident because he was under the influence of alcohol or drugs, he or she breached a duty of care.


Your lawyer must establish that the at-fault driver’s breach of duty caused you to suffer an injury – without the breach of duty of care you would not have been injured.


You must have evidence to prove that the injuries you suffered from the at-fault party’s breach of duty caused you to experience financial or emotional damages. Car accident damages can include medical bills for treatment of your injuries, damage to your car, and pain and suffering, to name a few.

Call today to discuss your accident with our Bloomington car accident attorneys. (612) TSR-TIME

How Much is My Case Worth?

The value of your case depends on many factors, such as the severity of your injuries and the damages suffered.

Economic Damages

Economic damages are the financial losses you experience as a result of a car accident. These typically include the following:

  • Past, current and ongoing medical bills
  • Cost of surgery
  • Ambulance ride
  • Rehabilitation costs
  • Prescribed medication
  • Physical therapy
  • Lost wage or income
  • Property damage
  • Assistive medical equipment
  • Loss of earning capacity

Noneconomic Damages

These types of damages are for the non-financial losses a victim experiences after a personal injury. These may include:

  • Mental distress
  • Pain and suffering
  • Loss of companionship
  • Disability and disfigurement
  • Loss of reputation
  • Loss of enjoyment of life

Comparative Fault

The value of your case can also be affected by your percentage of fault for an accident. Minnesota’s modified comparative negligence law says accident victims may pursue compensation if they are found to be less than 51 percent at fault for the accident.

However, the value of any compensation awarded must be reduced by your percentage of fault. For instance, if you were traveling 10 miles per hour over the speed limit and collided with a distracted driver making a turn, it may be determined you were 20 percent at fault for the crash. If your compensation award is valued at $20,000, it would be reduced by 20 percent, so you would be left with $16,000.

If you are found to be 51 percent or more at fault, you cannot pursue compensation for your injuries, under Minnesota’s comparative fault law.

Our experienced Bloomington auto accident lawyers are ready to evaluate your claim and determine what it may be worth and if you are eligible to pursue compensation.

Accident Claims Involving Uninsured Drivers

Some drivers break the law and fail to purchase the required insurance coverage for their vehicles. Other times, drivers do not have enough coverage to pay for the victim’s damages. Fortunately, you may have the option of filing a claim against the uninsured or underinsured motorist coverage in your car insurance policy.

Filing a claim for compensation from this part of your insurance policy is complicated. There are certain requirements that must be met. This is why you should strongly consider meeting with our Bloomington car accident lawyers for a free consultation. If you have a valid claim, we can guide you through the process, pursuing maximum compensation for your damages.

How Can a TSR Injury Lawyer Help Me?

Car accidents can have severe consequences, that is why it is important to have an experienced lawyer with a proven history of obtaining fair compensation for car accident victims.

Our firm has recovered $300 million in compensation for Minnesota injury victims, including more than $217,000 for the victim of a drunk-driving crash.

If you have a viable case and hire one of our attorneys to represent you, we can take care of the legal process on your behalf. There are many steps we take to help us investigate, build a strong case, and pursue full compensation, which may include:

  • Collecting the police report from the Bloomington Police Department
  • Gathering your medical records that link the accident to the injury
  • Reconstructing the accident scene
  • Interviewing witness
  • Collecting photo evidence of the accident scene
  • Contacting expert witnesses who can attest to the severity of your injuries

Dealing with insurance companies can also be stressful when you are trying to recover from your injuries. If you hire our firm, we can negotiate with the insurance company and protect the value of your claim.

Fill out this free online form to set up your free consultation. Our Bloomington car accident lawyers are ready to help you.

Minnesota Car Insurance Requirements

Another reason you may like to consider hiring an attorney is that we have a detailed understanding and knowledge of Minnesota’s no-fault system for assigning liability for a car accident.

As Minnesota is a no-fault state, accident victims may try to obtain compensation from the personal injury protection (PIP) coverage in their insurance policies. This coverage can be used no matter who was at fault for the crash.

PIP coverage can provide compensation for the following accident damages:

  • Loss of wages from your job
  • Medical bills
  • Cost of hiring a housekeeper or other replacement services
  • Funeral expenses (maximum of $2,000 if the accident victim was killed in the crash)

Under state law, you must have at least $40,000 of PIP coverage per person per accident. This provides $20,000 for medical expenses and $20,000 for lost wages and the cost of replacement services.

In some cases, our Bloomington car accident lawyers may have the option of pursuing compensation from the at-fault driver’s insurance policy. Minnesota requires every driver to have the following amounts of liability coverage:

  • $30,000 for one person’s injuries
  • $60,000 to cover injuries to two or more people
  • $10,000 for property damage to the victim’s vehicle

We can determine the insurance coverage that may apply to your accident.

How to Handle Insurance Companies if They Call You?

Your insurance company or the at-fault driver’s insurance company may call you after the accident. The person you speak to may say he or she just wants to resolve the situation quickly and act like he or she is on your side.

However, they are doing this because they are trying to find a way to either deny your claim or pay out much less compensation than you may be eligible to receive. They may ask accident victims to provide a recorded statement hoping the victim will minimize his or her injuries or admit some amount of fault for the crash.

These are just some examples of ways insurance companies may try to work against accident victims’ best interests. If you are contacted by an insurance company, it is best to limit the information you provide. You can say the date and location of the accident and say you are receiving medical treatment.

However, it is not a good idea to provide too much information about your injuries because insurance companies will try to twist your words to use them against you. You should also decline to provide a recorded statement until speaking to an attorney.

The Bloomington auto accident attorneys at our firm can determine what to say in a recorded statement to protect the value of your claim. We can also deal with the insurance company on your behalf.

Is There a Time Limit to File a Case?

It is important to begin pursuing a claim as soon as possible as in Minnesota, there are time limits for when victims may file a damages claim. The insurance company may have a deadline, and there is a deadline for filing a car accident lawsuit.

In Minnesota, the time limit to take legal action in many cases is two years from the date the accident occurred. If you do not file a lawsuit within that time, you may lose your right to do so.

However, the deadline may be different for your specific case. For example, under the discovery rule, the two-year clock does not start running until the victim discovers his or her injury or the date he or she should have discovered it. Minors also have a different statute of limitations.

We recommend that auto accident victims seek legal advice from a licensed Bloomington car accident lawyer shortly after the incident has taken place. At TSR Injury Law, a lawyer from our firm can review your incident and determine how we may be able to assist you.

Our attorneys are here to help and answer your questions. Phone: (612) TSR-TIME

Why do Car Crashes Happen?

At TSR Injury Law, we have assisted victims of a variety of car accidents, ranging from minor to severe. Many times, car accidents are the result of reckless or negligent behavior, which in most cases can be avoided with proper care.

Common examples of negligence that cause car accidents include:

  • Failing to obey traffic laws
  • Aggressive driving
  • Distracted driving, such as texting
  • Tailgating
  • Violating the right of way
  • Failing to check blind spots
  • Drowsy or fatigued driving
  • Speeding

Negligent driving practices can lead to all kinds of different auto accidents, including the following:

  • Multi-vehicle accidents
  • Rear-end collisions
  • Side-impact/T-bone accidents
  • Head-on collisions
  • Rollover accidents

Contact a Qualified Bloomington Car Accident Lawyer Today

Dealing with the aftermath of an accident can be very stressful for injury victims and their families. At TSR Injury Law, we can handle the insurance company questions on your behalf, investigate the accident and negotiate for a fair settlement.

Our firm has been recovering fair compensation for injury victims for more than 20 years. We are available to discuss your case during a 100 percent free, no-obligation consultation. Contact us or visit our office located at 7760 France Ave South Suite 820, we are just a 10-minute drive from Bloomington’s City Council office.

Our services are provided on a contingency fee basis, so there are no legal costs. We only get paid if we obtain compensation for your case.

Call us today at (612) TSR-TIME or fill out a Free Case Evaluation form.