Saint Paul Slip And Fall Lawyers
If you have suffered an injury from a slip and fall incident, are facing a lengthy healing process, mounting medical bills and other damages, you may have be eligible to receive compensation for your injuries.
At TSR Injury Law, we have been representing slip, trip and fall victims throughout the state of Minnesota for more than 20 years. We have recovered over $1 billion in compensation for our injured clients, including $475,000 for an 87-year-old victim who slipped on the ice in front of her building and suffered a traumatic brain injury.
Attorney Steve Terry is the co-founder and managing partner of our firm, and he has been included in Super Lawyers and has also been honored with the Minnesota Award for Professional Excellence from the Minnesota State Bar Association.
If you suffered a slip and fall injury because of someone else’s negligence, we encourage you to contact our Saint Paul slip and fall lawyers to discuss your potential claim in a free legal consultation. There is no obligation to take legal action and no upfront fees for having us represent you if you have a case.
TSR Injury Law is prepared to help. Call today: (612) TSR-TIME
Do I Have a Slip and Fall Case?
Determining whether an accident victim has a valid case requires a detailed review of the specifics of how your accident occurred. Our firm offers a free consultation so you can explain what happened.
Generally, there are a few things we look for to determine if there is a valid slip and fall claim:
- The defendant owns the property where the accident happened
- You had a legal right to be on the property
- The accident happened because the owner failed to mitigate a known hazard
Additionally, it is necessary to prove that had the owner properly repaired or corrected the dangerous condition, your accident would probably not have happened.
There are a variety of considerations your slip and fall lawyer may have about your claim to determine if it is valid:
- Why did the danger exist? For example, if there was a torn rug, was it caused while moving furniture around?
- Should the owner have known about the hazard?
- Does the owner have a process for regularly inspecting and maintaining the property and repairing potential dangers?
- Did the owner take any steps to try to correct the problem?
- Were there any posted warnings about the potential hazard?
Our Saint Paul Slip and Fall Attorneys are prepared to help: (612) TSR-TIME
How Much Is My Slip and Fall Case Worth?
No accident is the same, so accurately determining the value of a potential claim requires looking at multiple contributing factors, including the severity of your injuries, the long-term prognosis, and more.
However, if you do have a case, these are some of the damages you may be able to claim:
- Wages lost if you were unable to work while recovering
- Loss of future earnings if you became disabled as a result of your injuries
- Emergency care at the time of the accident
- Ongoing medical care required to help you achieve maximum recovery
- Future treatments or physical therapy
- Loss of companionship
- Pain and suffering
- Cost to travel to and from any doctor or hospital appointments
Who May Be Liable For A Slip and Fall Accident?
Establishing liability is difficult, and sometimes there are situations where multiple parties could share fault for one incident. An attorney who understands the complexities of a slip and fall will know what it takes to build a strong case.
The location of the accident is one of the key factors in determining liability:
Commercial Property – Anytime a slip and fall incident happens on commercial property, there may be several parties who share the responsibility for keeping the premises safe, including:
- The property owner or landlord, even if they only own the property and not the business
- The business owner – he or she also has a duty for maintaining a safe property, which could include replacing lights or cleaning up spills
- Any individual employed by the business owner may share liability if he or she was tasked with maintenance, or with reporting any dangerous conditions to the supervisor or business owner
Privately-owned Residential Property – A property owner, landlord, property manager or tenant could all potentially share some fault for an accident resulting from hazards such as:
- Dimly-lit walkways
- Broken sidewalk on the property
- Curling or ripped carpeting
- Stairways with no safety railings
- Inadequately-protected swimming pools
Government-owned Property – Slip and falls on a government-owned property are handled differently and also have a significantly shorter filing deadline. If you were injured on property that is owned by a government entity and you believe it may have been caused by negligence, we encourage you to contact one of our St. Paul slip and fall attorneys today. If the deadline passes, you may lose your right to file a claim.
At TSR Injury Law, we know how to properly investigate a slip and fall accident to build a strong claim, and if you have a case, we are ready to aggressively fight for fair compensation on your behalf.
Complete our online case evaluation form or call us at (612) TSR-TIME. No upfront fees or obligations.
Is There a Filing Deadline for My Saint Paul Slip and Fall Claim?
The statute of limitations, or filing deadline, if you intend to pursue a personal injury claim in Minnesota, is two years from the date of your accident. There are certain exceptions that may apply where the deadline may be sooner or later. However, missing the deadline may mean you will not be able to recover any compensation for your injuries.
If you are unsure what your deadline may be, contact TSR Injury Law today. We are prepared to help determine your specific deadline along with other important details about your potential claim.
Schedule your consultation today. (612) TSR-TIME
Can A Slip and Fall Attorney Help My Claim?
After a slip and fall, accident victims may feel stressed about their finances and trying to manage everything while recovering. However, you have the option of hiring legal representation to manage the process for you to allow you to focus your energy on healing.
Here are some specific ways that hiring an attorney from our firm may benefit you and your claim:
- Investigating the location of the accident, including speaking with potential witnesses
- Ensuring that no important deadlines are missed
- Utilizing 20-plus years of experience to accurately and fairly calculate the value of your claim
- Ensuring you are always in the loop about the progress of your lawsuit
- Handling all communications with the insurance company and other parties, so you do not have to
Statistics show that accident victims who hire personal injury lawyers are often awarded more compensation than those who try to manage a claim on their own.
If we represent you, there is no payment required for our services unless we first obtain compensation for you. Do not just take our word for it, see what real clients have said about our services.
Call today to learn more: (612) TSR-TIME
Where Do Slip and Falls Happen?
The very nature of a slip and fall means that there are endless situations that can cause this type of accident. From a shopping aisle or office building to a grocery store parking lot or residential sidewalk, they can happen pretty much anywhere.
Wondering whether you may have a viable case? We welcome the opportunity to speak with you about your slip and fall accident to determine what your legal options are and whether you may be able to pursue compensation for your injuries.
Common Injuries from a Slip and Fall
Many physical injuries can happen as the result of a slip and fall accident, such as:
- Mild to severe sprain and strain injuries
- Concussions and other brain injuries
- Deep lacerations
- Spinal cord injuries
Call a Saint Paul Slip and Fall Attorney Today
Slip and fall accident cases are complex, and injured victims may benefit greatly from the knowledge and experience of a licensed lawyer working on your behalf.
If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident that you believe could have been prevented, contact TSR Injury Law today. We are here to review the circumstances that led to your accident and discuss the legal options that may be available to you. If you have a case, you are not required to hire us. However, we do not collect any upfront money to represent you. We charge you nothing unless we successfully recover compensation for your injuries.
In more than 20 years representing Minnesota accident victims, we have recovered over $1 billion in compensation.
TSR Injury Law. (612) TSR-TIME