N.R. suffered a severe, traumatic brain while under the care of a commercial daycare provider. She is believed to have been shaken while at the daycare by one of the workers. There were no cameras at the daycare to show what occurred. When she was picked up by her parent, she seemed lethargic and a police investigation ensued, and it was narrowed down to two workers that cared for her that day as being the cause of what occurred. Neither would admit that anything unusual occurred. Medical doctors confirmed this type of brain injury usually only occurs in the event a child is shaken. Partner Rich Ruohonen is well-known for representing children who are injured as a result of daycare provider negligence and was hired to represent N.R. He was able to secure a $1,000,000 settlement for N.R. Although N.R. still has ongoing effects from the traumatic brain injury, N.R. has improved far better than ever expected and should lead a normal life.


Rich Ruohonen represented an individual in his 40s involved in an accident whose injuries resulted in amputation of his leg for a settlement of $12 million.


TSR obtained an eight-figure confidential settlement for a person who suffered a traumatic brain injury in a workplace.


Adam was at an outdoor concert when bad weather came in and blew down a promotional tent. The tent pole hit Adam in the side of the head, damaging his brain and spinal cord. The bar that held the event denied responsibility, blaming the weather and everyone else they could find. TSR Injury Law partner Nate Bjerke started a lawsuit and unearthed facts that showed the bar was told to have a plan to take the tent down if bad weather was in the forecast, but the bar chose not to do so. The case resolved for a confidential seven-figure sum after a binding arbitration.


A retired man was at a discount store buying supplies for his granddaughter’s kindergarten class when a store employee picked a fight with a customer. The customer, after being beaten by three store employees, came back into the store with a gun and started shooting. The retired man was hit by a stray bullet and was killed. Lyndsey Jorgensen and Nate Bjerke started a lawsuit for the man’s family and proved that if the store had followed its own safety protocols, the shooting never would have happened. The case settled for a confidential sum.


Partner Rich Ruohonen represented two minors who were assaulted and abused by an employee of juvenile detention center called the Hills in Duluth, Minnesota. These minors were in the Hills for legal issues and were serving time related to court-ordered juvenile detention. These cases were settled for confidential amounts to the satisfaction of the clients involved in both cases.


J.D., a minor, suffered salmonella poisoning from a local Chinese buffet restaurant. He spent five days in the hospital with severe stomach pain, nausea, vomiting and diarrhea. He had ongoing fatigue and general malaise for about two weeks following this food poisoning. Partner Rich Ruohonen settled the case for $85,000.


W.P. was 4 year-old playing in his back yard sandbox when a neighbors cat, who was often allowed to roam the neighborhood free, jumped the fence and attacked W.P. causing facial lacerations. W.P. had some mild scarring as a result of this vicious cat attack. The case was sued out by Partner Rich Ruohonen and settled for $60,000.


A father in his late 30s was working at an open mining pit, stacking a heavy conveyor belt onto a truck. He and the construction team were using a front-end loader to raise the conveyor onto the truck when the hydraulics on the loader failed, causing the conveyor to fall and crush the young father. Nate investigated the incident for the family and, with the help of an engineering expert, determined that there was a defect in the hydraulic system that caused the failure. The case settled without a lawsuit for a confidential seven-figure sum.


Jack fell off of a stairway when leaving a customer’s home. There was no guardrail to protect him from falling off the stairway platform. He suffered a fractured talus. This injury took months to heal. He suffered through intense pain and fracture blisters. American Family offered only $80,000, arguing Jack would be found to be largely at fault for his fall. Attorney Rich Ruohonen and Jack refused this offer. A Hennepin County jury returned a verdict of over $156,000 with only a 10% finding of fault on Jack.