Social Host Liability Claims

Despite government attempts to cut down on the rate of underaged drinking, it remains a common problem across the U.S. Minnesota’s social host liability laws try to minimize this problem by holding responsible those adults who provide alcohol to minors.

The laws governing social drinking are not nearly as strict as the laws governing commercial sales of alcohol. Therefore, a much shorter list of people can be liable under Minnesota social host liability laws, as opposed to dram shop laws. A person can be liable if he or she is over 21 and:

  • Sold or gave alcohol to a minor
  • Knowingly allowed minors to consume alcohol on his or her premises

Who Can File a Social Host Liability Claim?

If you have been injured by a minor who was driving under the influence of alcohol, you may have grounds for a lawsuit against the adult who provided the alcohol. Minors who injure themselves or others while intoxicated do not have grounds for a social liability suit.

Need Legal Help?

If you or your child is a minor and has become a victim of an injury after being served alcohol, contact TSR Injury Law at 612-TSR-TIME and speak to one of our Minneapolis personal injury attorneys. We offer a free, no obligation consultation and charge no upfront fees if we take on your case.

TSR Injury Law. Ph: (612) TSR-TIME.

Call Now
Call now!

(612) TSR-TIME

Contact us and
schedule a FREE initial case evaluation

Free Case Review

No Fees Unless We Win

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.