Minnesota Broken Hip Lawyer
A broken hip is painful and recovery can take months — with no guarantee of a complete recovery. Additionally, a broken hip is one of the costliest broken bone injuries. We care about everything you are going through and we want to help.
If you have suffered a broken hip as a result of property or premises negligence (slip and fall accident) or in a car accident, truck accident, or motorcycle accident, you may be entitled to compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. TSR Injury Law will fight for your rights. Our partners have decades of combined experience handling broken hip lawsuits, including a recent $1.5 settlement. Contact a Minnesota Broken Hip Lawyer at 612-TSR-TIME.
Minnesota Broken Hip
In the United States, nearly 300,000 people are hospitalized every year with a broken hip. Most of the time the hip is broken near the upper leg where the femur meets the hip. Knee, thigh, and hip injuries have increased in frequency in auto accidents, to about 14,000 a year, because airbags now offer more protection for the head and chest.
There are two kinds of hip fractures:
- femoral neck fracture – where the ball-and-socket hip joint is broken off the femur, the severity of dislocation can vary greatly
- intertrochanteric hip fractures – this type of break is below the femoral neck and is usually easier to repair with the use of plates and screws
Treatment of a broken hip usually requires surgery, which can be effective. But statistics show that only 25% of the people that sustain a broken hip make a full recovery and complications can be life-threatening. The complications include:
- nonunion – where the fracture does not heal
- malunion – where the break heals in a distorted position
- avascular necrosis – lack of blood supply
- wound infection
- blood clots
- implant failure
- mal-positioning of the implant
Minnesota Broken Hip Attorney
A broken hip can limit your mobility and ability to earn a living. If your broken hip was the result of negligence on the part of another, call TSR Injury Law today for free legal advice.