Minneapolis Named Best City for Bicycling
Minneapolis has done it again! The city has been named the Best City for Bicycling by Bicycle Magazine. Local government has been key.
Minneapolis has a framework in place to promote bicycling for transportation and leisure. The city has designated bicycle lanes, bike lockers, and trails. Then on June 10th, a new program was initiated called, Nice Ride, Minnesota. This is the largest bicycle sharing program in the nation with 1,000 bicycles in 75 kiosks strategically placed around the city.
Minneapolis has been receiving many accolades recently:
- #1 bicycling city in the United States (Bicycle Magazine)
- #6 most eco-friendly city in the world (Mercer)
- #2 most fun city in the country (Sperling)
- one of the United State’s smartest cities (The Daily Beast)
- one of the 15 coolest cities in the United States (MSN Travel)
- one of the most sustainable cities in the U.S. (SustainLane)
- one of America’s safest cities (Forbes)
With all of that going for the city of Minneapolis, let’s make our city not just the safest city — but the safest bicycling city. It can be done. If everyone becomes more educated about bicyclist’s rights and responsibilities, fewer bicycle accidents will occur.
We are pleased to be a part of such a progressive city and we strive to provide information and assistance to anyone in need. If you have been injured in a bicycle accident, please contact an auto accident attorney in Minneapolis at TSR Injury Law at (612) TSR-TIME. We care about people and we want to help.